B by Black Tower – B Our Champion
Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry/claim instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by participating all claimants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
Promoter: Reh Kendermann, Black Tower, Am Ockenheimer Graben 35, 55411 Bingen am Rhein, Germany.
1. This promotion is open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands, the Isle of Man and the Republic of Ireland aged 18 or over, except for employees and their immediate families of the Promoter, its agents or anyone else professionally connected with the promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse any entry that is believed to be in breach of the Terms and Conditions.
2. There is no entry fee and no purchase is necessary.
3. Promotional Period: Entries will be accepted from October 22nd, 2018. All entries must be received by March 31st, 2019 at the latest. Any entries received outside the Promotional Period will be void.
4. How to Enter:
The competition will be promoted on several media accounts such as Instagram or Facebook but entries must be made on the Promoter’s own website: www.black-tower.co.uk/B-our-champion. Each entrant must nominate a person who they believe is a Champion and provide the reasons why in 200 words or less. Nominees must be aged 18 or over.
5. Only 1 entry per person. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’ or any other automated means, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
6. Entrants who do not give correct details or those who make an entry on someone else’s behalf will be disqualified, at the Promoter’s discretion. No entries from agents, third parties, organised group or entries automatically generated by computer will be accepted.
7. The Prize:
a. The first prize winning nominee will win a two night weekend stay in London and tickets for a West End show as well as a case (6 bottles) of 75cl B by Black Tower wine. It is the responsibility of the winner and party to cover other costs not explicitly specified as being part of the prize, including but not limited to spending money, travel expenses as required, and meals. Dates are subject to availability. The winner is not guaranteed a particular date or show. A minimum of twelve weeks notice is required for bookings, which once made cannot be altered. The trip must be completed by 31.12.2019. Easter, Christmas, New Year, UK bank holidays are excluded. If the first prize winner is located in Scotland he wins a case of Black Tower low alcohol (de-alcoholised wine) instead of B by Black Tower.
b. 4 runners up will each win a case (6 bottles) of 75cl B by Black Tower wine. If a runners up is located in Scotland he wins a case of Black Tower low alcohol (de-alcoholised wine) instead of B by Black Tower.
c. The nominators of the winners will each get 3 bottles of B by Black Tower B wine. If a nominator of the winners is located in Scotland he wins a case of Black Tower low alcohol (de-alcoholised wine) instead of B by Black Tower.
8. The judges, including at least one independent judge, will choose the nominee who is determined as the Champion (1 overall winner) and the 4 nominees who are determined as the runners up. The winners will be the nominees that the judges believe to be the most helpful, supportable, caring, social-minded and self-sacrificing nominees in the judges’ opinion.
9. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter, the prize will be available only to the winners in person. No cash or other alternative prizes are available, except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control the Promoter reserves the right to substitute similar prizes of equal or greater value.
10. Main Winner Selection and Notification:
The winners and the nominator of the overall winner will be notified by email within 28 calendar days of the closing date. The Promoter’s decision is final in all promotional matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. The winners must notify the Promoter within 4 business days from the date the message was sent by the Promoter if they wish to accept the prize. In the event the claim for a prize is not received by the Promoter within 4 business days of the initial notification, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and award the prize to a reserve selected at the same time as the original.
12. The Promoter encourages responsible drinking and would direct consumers to read https://www.wineinmoderation.eu/en/home/.
13. The winners and the nominator of the overall winner agree to participate in any related publicity, including but not limited to photography, the Promoter’s website, e-mail newsletters, Facebook account and Instagram account. No additional compensation will be awarded for such promotional activities.
14. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation. Any changes to the promotion will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the Promoter.
15. No responsibility can be accepted for any difficulties in entering or any entries/claims delayed or corrupted. The Promoter does not guarantee continuous uninterrupted or secure access to its website. Numerous factors outside the control of the promoter may interfere with the operation of the website. Proof of entry is not proof of receipt. No responsibility is accepted for lost, delayed, damaged or illegible entries.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to verify any entrants and the winners before making any award. This includes, but is not limited to name, age, address. The Promoter may refuse to award a prize, or withdraw prize entitlement and refuse further participation in the promotion where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotion’s entry requirements, or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
17. The name and counties of the winners can be obtained by sending an email to email@example.com after the closing date up until 3 months after the closing date.
18. To ensure fairness and the integrity of the promotion to all participants, the Promoter will not enter into discussions regarding the running of this promotion via Facebook and/or Instagram. Any entrant posting or seen to be posting comments to Black Tower Facebook page or elsewhere during the draw that are considered bullying, spiteful or upsetting to other participants, fans or directly aimed at the Promoter, will have their comments removed and will be disqualified. We reserve the right to alert Facebook and Instagram to any such behaviour and you may have your account frozen pending investigation.
19. Entries will be rejected and removed if they are considered unsuitable, by the Promoter.
20. By entering the promotion, the participant agrees to release the Promoter from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the promotion or with the acceptance, possession, attendance at or use of any prize (except death or personal injury caused by the Promoter’s negligence, for fraud, or otherwise as prohibited by law).
21. If for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify these terms and conditions or suspend the promotion, or invalidate any affected entries.
22. These Terms and Conditions (and any non-contractual disputes/claims which arise out of or in connection with them) will be governed by English law and entrants submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts unless you live in another part of the UK, or in Ireland, in which case your local courts will have jurisdiction.
23. The Promoters decision is final and absolute in all matters relating to this promotion.
24. Use of personal data received in the course of the promotion will be used in accordance with applicable data protection law. Please note that in processing data for the administration of the promotion the Promoter may disclose customer information to other companies in its group or to third parties used by the Promoter and its affiliates for the purposes of the promotion only.